Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hey Moms!! Embrace the Camera


I'm a follower of the adorable Buggie & Jellybean blog (you should be too); her blog, her kids, and her etsy shop are all fabulous-- and this week, she's participating in the greatest challenge! I missed reading about it yesterday, but I really want to join in the fun and couldn't agree more with the originator of the challenge... the adorable Emily Anderson, super-mom to four precious tots. Below in italics are her exact words from her blog post about the challenge. I am not taking any credit whatsoever for this awesome idea... but am wanting to participate in her "Embrace the Camera" challenge and am hoping my readers will play along and link up! As I said, I am already two days late on the challenge... so read what Emily had to say on the subject, then keep on readin' to see what I'm proposing!


do you have pictures of yourself, with your little people?
in this day and age of the "momarazzi", many of us are always behind the lens...rather in front of it.
some of you feel much more comfy behind the lens, and i get that.
look, you think i want pictures of myself in the same velour jogging suit for the 3rd day in a row {i slept in that jogging suit each night too---i know, gross, right?}
well, i don't really want those pictures...but my kids do---or, at least they will one day.
how many of you LOVE looking at pictures of your parents, when they were young{er}?
i'm raising my hand!
sadly, i don't have a lot of pictures with me and my mom from when i was younger.
i am off to change this for my kids.
i want them to have an abundance of pictures...to remind them of these days that we spent at home together.
the days may seem to drag...but honestly, the years fly.
is my son really about to graduate...from kindergarten?
wasn't it yesterday that i was wiping his diapered bottom? and now i am wiping his pee up from all around the toilet. embrace the pee.
and embrace the camera.
all next week (monday thru friday) i am going to take a picture of me with my kids. maybe with 1 kid...maybe all of them. more than likely with whomever wants to cooperate.
will you join me?
we will call it the {embrace the camera} challenge.
get out your self-timer camera.
give your $1,000 camera to your 3 year old {yikes!} to capture the shot.
hit the button and run and jump into the photo.
hold the camera out in front of you and your munchkin.
take a shot in the mirror.
whatever you need to do, to capture yourself with the little people.




**Extra side note....I copied the whole article above from Sweet T Family. I think every thing is ok in it. I read it three times but I am not getting much sleep these days, so if something's off, I am sorry.**

No comments: