Friday, May 14, 2010

Men, I Don't Get Them

So, David said to me, "I don't understand how somebody doesn't get (understand)....." (For the story, it doesn't matter what he said at the end of the sentence.)

Of course, he said this at the end of a conversation where we were talking about something he 'gets"/understands, and something I don't.

I of course, get offended, and this leads to a 'discussion.'

We're talking about this for a while, and, trying to make a point about how that phrase can be insulting, I say, "Well, I just don't understand how somebody can get all worked about this."

And he instantly calms down, and says, "Well, you never said it that way before."

'Discussion' over, and now we're all happy again.

The very phrase that hurt my feelings, made him feel better.

I just don't get it.

No comments: