Friday, April 3, 2009

Mickey Mouse Educates

Cade, for several months now, has been singing his favorite song in my car.

"It's getting hot in here, so taking all your clothes off."

Great. Just what I want my one-year-old son to learn.

In an effort to subliminally eliminate Cade's current favorite song, and replace it with a new one, I bought a Mickey Mouse 30 Classic Songs cd.

We've been playing it nonstop. It has great songs like, "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain," "If You're Happy and You Know It," and "The Hokey Pokey."

As we listen to the CD, I sing the songs, trying to learn the words to the ones I don't know.

Here is one example:

It ain't gonna rain no more, no more,
It ain't gonna rain no more.
How the heck can I wash my neck,
If it ain't gonna rain no more?

What....Mickey Mouse songs say 'heck'?

Ok...next song.

We went to the animal fair.
The birds and the beast were there.
The big baboon, by the light of the moon
Was combing his auburn hair

The monkey he got drunk
And sat on the elephant's trunk.
The elephant sneezed and fell on his knees
But what become of the monk?(extra verses)

Ok. That's it.

Cade sing whatever you want.

No comments: