Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm Not Mean.....

I'm pregnant.

Which is a good thing considering we've been trying for a year.

On Monday night, David said, "You've been really mean lately. You're only this mean when you are pregnant. I think you should take a test."

So I thought about it and decided to go out and get three dollar store pregnancy tests. You know, so we didn't waste as much money.

I brought the tests home and took one. Immediately the control line came up and no other line. So I set the test down and went to bed.

The next morning, I glanced at the test, as is my habit.

Lo and behold.....TWO lines.

Being the professional HPT taker that I am, I knew to be cautious. What with the evaporation line and all. (Although, I'd like to state for the record that in the last twelve months of peeing on a stick at night and rechecking it in the morning, I have NEVER seen this phenomenon.)

I still proceeded with caution. When I got home from watching Cade and Kassidy (they are in town for two weeks, and I am dragging bringing the three kids I have every week over to their dad's house from 8-3 everyday), I took another test.

It was faint, but it was there. A second line. Yes!!

Still being conservative with my hope, I took that test with a grain of salt and retested the next day when I got home again.

Two lines.

According to my (and Baby Center's) calculations, I am four weeks pregnant today and due at the end of October. I normally wouldn't talk about this so openly in public, but I have like 14 readers, and only like 3 actually know me.

So I am proceeding with hopeful caution until my doctor's appointment on March 10. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!! That is awesome!

Missy said...

Yea!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!
Prayers for a healthy baby!!!

When I found out I was pg with Maggie, I didn't believe it because it was a dollar store test. I wouldn't believe it until I had spent too much money on a "real" test.

(I bet you get your baby before I get mine.)

Tony and Lindsay said...

Congrats Jana!!! Tony told me I was mean too when I was preggo with the twins, but didn't know it yet!! I guess it's all those crazy hormones! :)
Hoping for a great 9 months!
Lindsay