Monday, April 26, 2010

Bad Mommy

Man what a day. Jakob began running a fever on Sunday. So I called Elia because Kiah had stayed home with a fever on Friday. She said it only lasted one day, so I figured we would just wait it out, and see if Jakob's fever followed suit.

Well, Jakob became very moody and whiny, he stopped eating and sleeping. He even woke up at 3:30 on Monday morning, and even though he tried, he couldn't go back to sleep.

He was behaving so badly by Monday afternoon that I decided to bring him in to the doctor to check his ears.

Since he had been awake for twelve hours, of course he fell asleep in the car on the way to the doctor. When I got him out of the car, he wok up, took one look at where we were and started crying-screaming.

He continued to cry/scream for the forty-five minutes we were in the waiting room, and the thirty minutes we were back with the doctor. This is so unlike him. He usually barely even cries when he gets shots.

Of course being as hysterical as he was, the first thing the doctor asks, "Why did you wait so long to bring him in?" I would have thought the same thing if it were me...he was screaming like he lost a limb. This makes me feel horrrrrrrible. I had to work. I didn't think he was this bad.

Then she proceeds to check him out while I pin him to the table as he furiously grabs for me screaming like a banshee like the doctor is going to do who-knows-what to him. She looks at everything-eyes, ears, throat, mouth, announces that he's fine (except for the fever) and says we can go home.

Man. How humiliating. And humbling.

No comments: