Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Friday Tuesday Favorite




Today at the grocery store, I made an unexpected discovery. And I'm going to let you in on it, since I know we all strive to find healthy, yet yummy, food choices for our family.

The discovery is called Fruit Chillers by Del Monte. It is like applesauce, but it is pear puree with strawberry puree in it too. We have not tried it yet, it's in the freezer. I will come back and let you know what the kids thought of it.

I know this isn't that great of a find....it's not like I found a yummy way to get the kids to eat spinach. And fruit isn't exactly the food I struggle with most to get Jakob to eat. But this IS a healthy alternative to those Flavor Ice popsicles. Not as much sugar, and a little bit of nutrition. I actually thought it was a better find than it was. I just now noticed the colorings at the end of the ingredients list.

Drat. That's what I get for bringing 2 two-year-olds and a four-month-old with me to the store.

No comments: