Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wow. Craziness.

You will never believe the conversation I had with David last weekend. I didn't even realize how amazing it was until I just now came here to check my blog roll to see if anybody had posted anything new for me to read.

David-himself-without ANY prompting, we weren't even talking about it- said that he wants to pay my truck off, and one other debt we have with our next 'extra' money, so that (are you sitting down) I don't have to work. Well, our next extra money is in February. Perfect!!

What an answered prayer. As soon as he said it, I felt this weight being released, but then, when you add in that I have been praying about it and that I wrote about it last time, wow. I mean, really, wow.

This is so awesome.

On a completely different topic, someone gave us the LoveDare book and so I have been working on it. I started it on Sunday and I am STILL on day 2. I used to think I was good at this love business but now it's obvious.

I suck.

I thought I did random acts of kindness all the time. But I am beginning to realize that what I consider random acts of kindness....are just things I should be doing anyway. So now what? I am on my second day of day 2, and I am stuck. I can't think of anything.

Drat.

Maybe I am making it too hard. I mean. If it was just me making dinner tonight, I would have just done broccoli,cheese, baked potatoes, but I know he needs meat (he is a man after all) and so the steaks are just for him. Can that count?

Or.

When he went to lay down in our room and watch tv by himself, I did NOT gripe at him, or even ask him to stay out here with us (even though that is what I REALLY wanted.) So, can THAT count?

Neither one of those things seems good enough. This is why I am stuck.

Someone. Anyone. HELP!! Or I will be on day 2 forever.

UPDATE: My mom (who is still the boss and is doing the book with me) said the steaks count. So.....ON TO DAY THREE. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: